The Town Clerk’s Office is open, my hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30AM-4PM unless otherwise announced. WE ARE ONCE AGAIN REQUIRING MASKS BE WORN AND APPOINTMENTS FOR VAULT RESEARCH. Land Records Search is available using the LR-1 website. Please call 496-5224 or email [email protected] for an appointment.

We observe the following holidays:

New Years Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and Martin Luther King’s Birthday.

Within Our Office you can find:

Land Records

The town clerk is responsible for the recording and maintenance of the land recordings, deeds and mortgages, property transfer returns reporting property sales, maps, tax records and we also maintain permits of sewer systems installed after 1983.

Land Records Search

Dog Registration

Dogs six months of age or older must be registered by April 1 of each year by bringing the animal’s latest Rabies certificate and a spaying/neutering certificate to the town clerk’s office. The cost is $9 for neutered/spayed animals; $13 for non-neutered/spayed dogs. $5 of each license fee goes to the state of Vermont. For Dog Licenses: Please contact Reta Goss, Town Clerk at 802-496-2709.

Warren has a dog ordinance. Click Here to see the dog ordinance. Please contact First Constable, Gene Bifano at 583-2839 for any dog related issues.

Voter Registration

Residents may apply to be added to the Warren voter list. Applications should be prepared to produce some sort of identification. For more information visit

The annual town meeting is held the first Tuesday of March at the Warren elementary school. Other elections, State and Federal, are held either at the Warren Town hall building usually in August and November. Check election information for date, time and place.

Town Reports:

2008 & TOWN MEETING MARCH 3, 2009

Vital Records

The price of a certified record is $10. We maintain records of birth, deaths, marriage and civil union licenses, back to 1798. Visit for more information on vital records.

Notary Public Services

We currently have notaries on staff; services are usually available during normal business hours but please call ahead for availability.